Sunday, March 26, 2017

Advanced French for Exceptional Cats

Advanced French for Exceptional Cats. Henry N. Beard. 1992. 96 pages. [Source: Borrowed]

First sentence: The Exceptional Cat Le Chat Exceptionnel

Premise/plot: If you and your cat loved the first book, it's time to expand your knowledge. The phrases taught in this one go above and beyond your basic, practical needs with a few exceptions.
I don't mind Bach and Mozart as long as there is no singing.
Je veux bien ecouter Bach et Mozart pourvu que personne ne chante.
I nap, therefore I am.
Je fais un somme, donc je suis.
In this one the cat travels to France--to Paris--for part of this one. Most of the phrases are complex. There are sections on dining out, philosophy, music, etc.

My thoughts: I liked it. I like both books in the series.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: