Friday, January 15, 2016

Best Friends Wear Pink Tutus

Best Friends Wear Pink Tutus. Sheri Brownrigg. Illustrated by Meredith Johnson. 1993. Scholastic. 32 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: I'm Amanda, and this is Emily. We're best friends, and we were pink tutus.

Premise/plot: Amanda and Emily are excited that their ballet class will be performing The Nutcracker. Both Amanda and Emily want to be Marie.Even though Marie doesn't wear a tutu for the show. But knowing that her best friend wants the part really badly makes life difficult for both girls. What should they do?

My thoughts: I liked this one. I did. I think it's a very good early reader. I like the story. As I've mentioned several times this year alone, I do love the Nutcracker!!! So this one works for me!

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Suko said...

This does sound like a good and real story, Becky.