Saturday, March 23, 2013

2013 Reading Challenge: Once Upon A Time

Once Upon A Time
Host: Stainless Steel Droppings
Dates: March 21-June 21
# of Books: Quest the First, five books

What I read

1. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. L. Frank Baum.
2. The Marvelous Land of Oz. L. Frank Baum
3. Ozma of Oz. L. Frank Baum.
4. Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz. L. Frank Baum. 1908. 148 pages.
5. The Grimm Legacy. Polly Shulman.
6. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. C.S. Lewis.
7. The Annotated Hobbit. Revised and Expanded Edition. J.R.R. Tolkien.
8. The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop. Kate Saunders.
9. Bliss. Kathryn Littlewood.
10.  A Dash of Magic. Kathryn Littlewood
11. Whatever After: Fairest of All. Sara Mlynowski.
12. Pinocchio. Carlo Collodi. 
13. Stardust. Neil Gaiman.
14. In A Glass Grimmly. Adam Gidwitz.


What I hope to read:


Stardust by Neil Gaiman
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
The Adventures of Pinochhio by Carlo Collodi
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang



© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

DesLily said...

as always you have a fantastic list Becky! and as always I look forward to reading all your reviews...

Iris said...

Aw, Wind in the Willows! I've been contemplating putting that on my list as a reread.. You have so many books on your list that I'd love to read, really.. Have fun!

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

Lots of wonderful classic fantasy in there! I've read all but the last four, so I look forward to hearing what you think of the ones you read--and maybe learning about those unfamiliar ones too!

Dee Martinez said...

I've got wonderful and very old hardbound copies of copy of Alice and Oz. Not those modernized versions, but those with the original stories. I've always thought the original versions have always been better than those shortened for light reading. :)

P.S I'm looking for Stardust as well. I hope I find a copy soon!