Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Murder on the Links

A Murder on the Links. Agatha Christie. 1923.  272 pages.

I just LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this mystery novel starring Hercule Poirot and his close friend Arthur Hastings. The novel, I believe, is narrated by Hastings, the same narrator introduced in Poirot's first novel, The Mysterious Affair At Styles.

I usually find Christie's Miss Marple novels to be more delightful, more charming, more satisfying than those starring Hercule Poirot. But this one is definitely an exception. I just loved it from cover to cover.

This mystery, for the most part, occurs in France. And it just works really, really well. I don't want to say too much about the mystery itself. I mean the less you know the better...but you really should give Agatha Christie a try!

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Kailana said...

I really must read some Agatha Christie...

Nan said...

Becky, I loved it, too! And I am a big fan of Poirot! If you'd like to see what I wrote, it is here:

http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/murder-on-links-by-agatha-christie.html

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Oh, I just started reading Christie, recently. I'm living the cover on this one.

thereadingpanda said...

I love Poirot! I even like the old Poirot reruns that play sometimes on PBS!

Sarah said...

I love this book! I've also started an Agatha Christie page on my blog and this one is definitely on my next to re-read list :)