Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Outside In (YA)

Outside In. Maria V. Snyder. 2011. Harlequin. 336 pages.

My world changed in a heartbeat, that's how it felt to me. As if one second ago, I was Trella the lower level scrub, cleaning the air and water ducts of Inside, and now I am Trella the victorious leader of the Force of Sheep rebellion.

After the rebellion, after the Lowers proved to themselves and the Uppers that their voice was worth being heard, Trella thought life would start to improve. But a series of terrorist actions threaten everything--soon Trella doesn't know who to trust. For the truth is, no one is quite sure who the enemy is. Is the enemy an old threat or a new foe?

This one is the sequel to Maria V. Snyder's Inside Out. Both books are science fiction. Both are set in space--on space ships. Both have plenty of action and adventure. There's definitely a romantic story to both books. As our heroine, Trella, struggles with matters of the heart under extreme stress. Her world is in danger, yet, she's falling in love.

I enjoyed both books. I found both to be quick reads.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love everything Maria V. Snyder has ever written, and I really look forward to Outside In. Nice review. :)

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I've seen these books around but never read them. I need to give them a second look.

Kailana said...

I need to read these books eventually.

Marg said...

I liked these two books!