Sunday, December 05, 2010

Sunday Salon: Reading, Read, To Read #49

Happy Sunday! This week has been very busy. I've spent a LOT of time with Anthony Trollope.  Which is great for me. (I do love, love, love him.) But not so great for the blog. (I only have a few books ready for next week.)  I just had to finish He Knew He Was Right so that I could begin Lady Anna. (My review of Lady Anna is "due" on the eleventh! I'm so excited about participating in the Classic Circuit tour of Anthony Trollope. I can't wait to read all the reviews. Especially the ones on He Knew He Was Right.)

In other news, I've decided to host some challenges in 2011. (Remember when I said I wouldn't be hosting any?! Well, I've changed my mind.) Most notably, perhaps, I've created a new mini-challenge, the Connie Willis reading challenge. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see people sign up for this one. Love to encourage people to read DOOMSDAY BOOK and TO SAY NOTHING OF THE DOG. I'll definitely be reading All Clear next year. (And I may reread Doomsday Book and To Say Nothing of the Dog just because I loved them so very much. Then again, I might choose to read some of her other books. Not that I'm indecisive.) Among the challenges I'll be hosting (again) next year--42 Challenge, A to Z Challenge, Young Readers. I'm still not planning on hosting It's The End of The World, Celebrate the Author, Centuries, and 18th and 19th Century Women Writers.

What I've Reviewed:

He Knew He Was Right. Anthony Trollope. 1869/2009. Oxford University Press. 992 pages. 
Candy Bomber: The Story of The Berlin Airlift's "Chocolate Pilot". Michael O. Tunnell. 2010. Charlesbridge. 120 pages.
Bespelling Jane Austen. By Mary Balogh, Susan Krinard, Colleen Gleason, Janet Mullany. 2010. Harlequin. 377 pages.
A Darcy Christmas: A Holiday Tribute to Jane Austen. By Amanda Grange, Carolyn Eberhart, and Sharon Lathan. Sourcebooks. 304 pages. 
Mystery of the Holy Spirit. R.C. Sproul. 1990/1994. Tyndale. 191 pages.
Let It Snow. Maryann Cocca-Leffler. 2010. Scholastic. 24 pages.
The Littlest Christmas Star. Brandi Dougherty. Illustrated by Sanja Rescek. 2010. Scholastic. 32 pages.
My Two Holidays. Danielle Novack. Illustrated by Phyllis Harris. 2010. Scholastic. 32 pages.


Coming Soon:

The Crossing: How George Washington Saved The American Revolution. Jim Murphy. 2010. Scholastic. 96 pages.


The Butler Gets A Break. A Bellweather Tale. Kristin Clark. Venuti. 2010. Egmont USA. 240 pages.



Chasing Brooklyn. Lisa Schroeder. 2010. Simon & Schuster. 412 pages.

Currently Reading: 


Lady Anna. Anthony Trollope. 1874/2009. Oxford World's Classics. 560 pages.

The Boy From Ilysies. Pearl North. 2010. Tom Doherty Associates. 320 pages. 





Jane. April Lindner. 2010. Little Brown. 373 pages.


What I'm Hoping To Begin Properly: 


The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James. 2007. HarperCollins. 352 pages.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen, great read!