Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Babymouse: Dragonslayer


Holm, Jennifer L. and Matthew Holm. 2009. Babymouse: Dragonslayer (#11) Random House. 94 pages.

Earlier in the day, I reviewed Babymouse The Musical. Babymouse is the star of a highly addictive--albeit very girly and pinkish--graphic novel series by the successful brother-sister team Jennifer and Matthew Holm. For those that are familiar with Babymouse, you won't need any convincing on my part to pick up this newest installment. For those that aren't familiar with Babymouse, you really don't know what you're missing. This imaginative (and bookish) mouse is just too much fun.

In this eleventh volume, Babymouse is imagining herself in some fabulous fantasies--I'm sure you'll recognize a few of these! It all starts when Babymouse fails a math quiz (or is it a test?). She's given a second chance by her teacher who tells her that if she'll join the mathlete team, she'll earn extra credit. You wouldn't think joining a mathlete team and training for the math olympics would be the jumpstart into a great fantasy adventure, but then again you may not be familiar with Babymouse. She can imagine just about anything!

Do I have a favorite part of this one? Yes and no. I think I knew we were made for each other when she opens up her locker--(a locker she has a love/hate relationship with by the way which brings me back to my own school days, but that's a whole other story) and finds herself in Narnia.

I definitely recommend this one.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

susan said...

We have Babymouse rockstar. I didn't know this was series. Thanks for the review.

BioPeach said...

Good review, I think i want to check this series out...

Anonymous said...

Good to hear this one lives up to the others in this series.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of these and they look a lot of fun. I will certainly look out for them. Thanks Becky.