Saturday, March 01, 2008

Spring Reading Challenge (Rock Creek Rumblings)


Rock Creek Rumblings' Spring Reading Challenge officially begins today. Here is the link to the sign-up post. (Also where the rules are to be found.) This one is simple. Make a list of books to read in the months of March, April, and May. Post a link of your list (and your intentions of reading said list) in the comments of that post. I'm hoping to read at least eight of the following. (If 8 is the # I achieve, I'll be pleased. If more, great. If less, I'll be disappointed.)

Diary of A Young Girl by Anne Frank
I Have Lived A Thousand Years by Livia Bitton Jackson
The Cage by Ruth Minsky Sender
In My Hands by Irene Gut Opdyke
Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
London by Edward Rutherfurd
I, Claudius by Robert Graves. (Will be participating in a group read led by Bookshelves of Doom. Starts Monday.)
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (Will be a group read for March If you're interested please visit Becky's Online Reading Group. Discussion for this one starts on Monday. )
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (Will be a group read for April. If you're interested please visit Becky's Online Reading Group.)
Looking For Alaska by John Green. (Will be a group read for April. If you're interested please visit Becky's Online Reading Group.)
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. (Will be a group read for May. If you're interested please visit Becky's Online Reading Group.)
Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary
Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary
Ramona the Brave by Beverly Cleary
Ramona and Her Father by Beverly Cleary
Ramona and Her Mother by Beverly Cleary
Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
Ramona Forever by Beverly Cleary
Ramona's World by Beverly Cleary
A Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring by Tolkien
LOTR: The Two Towers by Tolkien
LOTR: Return of the King by Tolkien
Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
Xenocide by Orson Scott Card
Enchantment by Orson Scott Card
Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor
Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Dragon Flight by Jessica Day George
Schindler’s List by Thomas Keneally
The Hawk That Dare Not Hunt by Day by Scott O'Dell

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your list is huge! I had to go back and read your comment at Rock Creek Rumblings to see that you hope to read 8 of these. I feel a little better about my much shorter list, now. Happy Reading!

Kim said...

I am heading over there to check it out. With the Winter challenge coming to an end this month,I actually was crawling around earlier today looking for a spring challenge! :)
Thanks for keeping us informed. I love your site!
*smiles*
Kim

Nikki in Niagara said...

Oh! I, Claudius is one of my favourite books ever. Hope you enjoy it!