Saturday, September 29, 2007

What a month

October 2007 Book Releases (Release dates according to Reviewers' Checklist and/or Amazon)
A few of these I have read and reviewed. A few more are in my tbr pile waiting to be read. But most are still on the ever-growing wishlist. If you're the author or publisher of one of these, and would like to supply a review copy. I would appreciate it :)

Picture Books
Frightful's Daughter Meets the Baron Weasel by Jean Craighead George
Henry the Dog With No Tail by Kate Feiffer
How Santa Really Works by Alan Snow
Dad, I Can't Sleep by Michael Foreman
A Perfect Snowman by Preston McDaniels
Little Red Riding Hood by Jerry Pinkney
Stone Age Boy by Satoshi Kitamura
Toot & Puddle: Let it Snow by Holly Hobbie
Red Butterfly: How A Princess Smuggled the Secret of Silk Out of China by Deborah Noyes
The Twelve Days of Christmas: A Pinata for the Pinon Tree by Philemon Sturges
Great Joy by Kate DiCamillo (illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline)
Footprints in the Snow by Mei Matsuoka
The Lord is My Shepherd by Regolo Ricci
This is Actually My Party by Lauren Child
A Gaggle of Geese and A Clutter of Cats by Dandi Daley Mackall
The Blanket Show by Dandi Daley Mackall
The Curious Adventures of the Abandoned Toys by Julian Fellowes
When Harriet Met Sojourner by Catherine Clinton
Mother Goose Numbers on the Loose by Leo & Diane Dillon
The Bearskinner: A Tale Of the Brothers Grimm by Laura Amy Schlitz
Go to Bed, Monster! by Natasha Wing
Nonfiction and Poetry (all ages)
Down the Colorado: John Wesley Powell, the One-Armed Explorer by Deborah Kogan Ray
An Orange in January by Dianna Hutts Aston
Exploring Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials: An Unauthorized Adventure Through the Golden Compass, etc. by Lois Gresh
Chewy, Gooey, Rumble, Plop by Steve Alton
Driven: A Photobiography of Henry Ford by Don Mitchell
Stones, Bones and Stiches: Storytelling through Inuit Art by Shelley Falconer
Out of Line: Growing Up Soviet by Tina Grimberg
Marie Curie by Kathleen Krull
What's Eating you? Parasites: the Inside Story by Nicola Davies
Many Rides of Paul Revere by James Cross Giblin
Fiction Books (all ages)
Something Rotten by Alan M. Gratz
In the Shadow of the Bear: Sorrel by David Randall
Maddigan's Fantasia by Margaret Mahy
George's Secret Key to the Universe by Stephen Hawking
The Highwayman's Footsteps by Nicola Morgan
A Tale of Gold by Thelma Hatch Wyss
November Blues by Sharon M. Draper
Safe by Susan Shaw
Fearless by Tim Lott
Gossip Girl: It Had To Be You: The Gossip Girl Prequel by Cecily von Ziegesar
The Name of This Book Is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch
Peter and the Secret of Rundoon by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Keeping Corner by Kashmira Sheth
The Lighthouse War by Adrian McKinty
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
The Shadow Speaker by Nnedi Okorafor-mbachu
Betwixt by Tara Bray Smith
Lessons From A Dead Girl by Jo Knowles
Sure Fire by Jack Higgins
Hiroshima Dreams by Kelly Easton
The Wild Girls by Pat Murphy
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren. Illustrated by Lauren Child
Taken by Edward Bloor
No Castles Here by A.C.E. Bauer
The Quantum July by Ron King
Red Spikes by Margo Lanagan
Frannie in Pieces by Delia Ephron
The Black Book of Secrets by F.E. Higgins
Mary Engelbreit's Classic Library: A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Mary Engelbreit's Classic Library: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Underground by Jean Ferris
In the Space Left Behind by Joan Ackermann
The Garden of Eve by K.L. Going
Looking for JJ by Anne Cassidy
Hush by Donna Jo Napoli
Extras by Scott Westerfeld
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Sight by Adrienne Maria Vrettos
True Love, the Sphinx, and Other Unsolvable Riddles by Tyne O'Connell
Kiki Strike: The Empress's Tomb by Kirsten Miller
The Declaration by Gemma Malley
Starcross: A Stirring ADventure of Spies, Time Travel, and Curious Hats by Philip Reeve
Arrival by Shaun Tan
Zen and the Art of Faking It by Jordan Sonnenblick
Click, various authors, short story collection

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Dear Becky,

I just wanted to say that I work in the film business and try to catch up with all of the hottest books out there. I wanted to say congrats. You do a wonderful job reviewing books and keeping me informed of what is out there. Keep up all the good work!

My very best,

Amanda

Nan said...

I love the description of the new Kate DiCamillo book, Great Joy. I may buy it for my Christmas collection books. And I'm interested in the Mary Engelbreit's Classic Library. I plan to go see what it is all about. I just love your blog, Becky.

chrisa511 said...

I can't wait for the new DiCamillo book! I've been looking forward to that one.

The new Shaun Tan is out already! At least at my Barnes and Noble it is and it is absolutely gorgeous!! I've had that one on my wishlist for awhile and I didn't get it when I saw it, and now I'm kicking myself in the butt...I'll get it soon though...I get paid Wednesday :) I highly recommend it. The illustrations are just amazing and he tells the entire tale with no words, and it's a beautiful one. I went through the entire story at the bookstore!

soleil said...

have you read any of the gossip girl novels? if so, do you recommend them? i am curious what your take is on that series.

Becky said...

I haven't read the Gossip Girl, It Girl, or A-List novels. These types of books are books that I know I should read at least one of apiece so I can be "current" with what is out there and popular. But so many other books keep getting my attention. I am refraining judgement until I experiment with the series. I know most people either love them or hate them. Think they're "fun" or trashy. I don't know where my opinion fits yet in the equation.