Thursday, August 16, 2007

Book to Movie Challenge


SMS Book Reviews is hosting the Book To Movie Challenge which runs from September 1 to December 1, 2007. The challenge is to read three books that have been made into movies.

My three choices:

1) A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
2) Lord of the Rings (all three books) by J.R.R. Tolkien
3) Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

My twelve alternates: (I like options)

1) Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
2) Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
3) The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
4) Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
5) War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
6) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
7) Polar Express by Chris VanAllsburg
8) Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
9) Possession by A.S. Byatt
10) Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally
11) Holes by Louis Sachar
12) Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Note: There is a good possibility that I really haven't decided exactly what I'll be reading yet. All of these sound like good candidates today, but two or three weeks from now....my choices might be completely different. But I know this: I definitely want to participate!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for participating in the challenge! Polar Express is one of my favourite kid's books.

BookGal said...

Wow .... you are more ambitious than I was. I went with much lighter stuff. Good luck.