Monday, July 09, 2007

General Announcements


I recently contributed a post to the 40th edition of Carnival of Feminists hosted this time around by The Hidden Side of A Leaf.

Dewey (The Hidden Side of A Leaf) is also hosting the Bookworms Carnival. This month's theme is novels. And the submission deadline is July 13th. So you've still got time to participate!!! This is a new carnival, and you can read about upcoming themes and editions here as well.

Another new carnival just getting started is the Picture Book Carnival. Doesn't that sound like fun??? Who doesn't like discovering new picture books???? You can read about this carnival and learn where to submit posts at Mentor Texts & More.

And Miss Rumphius Effect is hosting the fifth edition of the Learning in the Great Outdoors Carnival. The deadline for submissions is August 3rd.

Meanwhile, don't forget the ever-familiar (always beloved) Carnival of Children's Literature will be hosted this month at Saints & Spinners. The theme is "The Play's The Thing." The deadline for submissions is July 20th.

In other news, it's not too late to join the Saturday Review Challenge. It is going to be so much fun!

Other challenges just getting started are the Armchair Traveler Reading Challenge hosted by A Life In Books and the Book Awards Reading Challenge. Both started July 1.

Edited to add: There is also a classics challenge being hosted at Crazy Cozy Murders. It started July 1, 2007. (You can join up until August 16, 2007). The goal is to read three to five classics between now and November 30, 2007.

By the way--in case you haven't noticed I am challenge-happy. I love to find new challenges, even if I don't choose to participate. (I still haven't made up my mind about the Classics Challenge and the Armchair Traveler Challenge. I'm already a wee bit overwhelmed with my tbr list. And sometimes you don't need to make your life more complicated.) So anytime you find a challenge on a blog, or decide to host one yourself...please let me know.

3 comments:

Dewey said...

Thanks for promoting the Bookworms carnival! And thanks for these other carnival links. I'm going to go see if I can participate. :)

Kelly said...

I think the bookworms carnival is going to be a lot of fun!

Alyssa F said...

Hi Becky! I'm hosting a summer writing challenge at the moment. Even if you don't participate, I'd love help getting the word out.
:-)

http://theshadyglade.blogspot.com