Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Walk On

Frazee, Marla. 2006. Walk On! A Guide For Babies of All Ages.

I know I don't typically review many picture books--I don't have as much access to them for one thing--but when I find one that makes me smile...I just have to share it. Walk On is written and illustrated by Marla Frazee. The focus or "theme" is learning to walk. It can of course be taken literally or figuratively.

Is sitting there
on your bottom
getting boring?

Has lying around
all the time
become entirely
unacceptable?

It is
time to
learn
how to
walk!

The first thing you've
got to do is stand on
your own two feet.

It sounds easier than it is.


It is simple yet refreshing. With warnings like, "Be careful of things that are wobbly. You don't want anything to fall on top of you." And instructions like, "Feel the sway, but don't let it tip you over." WALK ON! is one fun book.

No comments: