Sunday, May 28, 2017

Share-a-Tea May Check-In

  • What are you currently reading for the challenge? 
  • Have you finished any books for this challenge this month?
  • Is there a book you're looking forward to starting next month?
  • Want to share any favorite quotes? It could be from your current read. It could be about reading. It could be about drinking tea. 
  • What teas have you enjoyed this month? 
  • Do you have a new favorite tea?
Currently reading for the challenge:
  • KJV Reformation Study Bible
  • Living Bible
  • Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
Have you finished any books for this challenge this month?
Books I've finished but not posted reviews yet:

  • Prisoner's Base by Rex Stout
  • Nate the Great by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat 
  • Basic Christianity by John Stott
  • Champagne for One by Rex Stout
Is there a book you're looking forward to starting next month?
I imagine I'll keep on with the classics and the Bible. It seems to be working for me!

Favorite quotes:
  • Look with kindness and you will always find wonder. ~ R. J. Palacio
  • Christ is the center of Christianity; all else is circumference. John Stott 
  • It is more natural to us to talk than to listen, to argue than to submit. John Stott
  • How is one to have an opinion if one does not get it by looking at the things which happen around us? ~ Anthony Trollope
  • People must be bound together. They must depend on each other. Of course, misfortunes may come; but it is cowardly to be afraid of them beforehand. ~ Anthony Trollope
  • “You haven’t got another cup of tea, have you?” “Oh, uncle! you have had five.” “No, my dear! not five; only four — only four, I assure you; I have been very particular to count. I had one while I was—” “Five uncle; indeed and indeed.” “Well, then, as I hate the prejudice which attaches luck to an odd number, I’ll have a sixth to show that I am not superstitious.”  ~ Anthony Trollope
  • When one is impatient, five minutes is as the duration of all time, and a quarter of an hour is eternity. ~ Anthony Trollope
  • We strain at our gnats with a vengeance, but we swallow our camels with ease. ~ Anthony Trollope
  • Wounds sometimes must be opened in order that they may be healed.  ~ Anthony Trollope
  • Love can only be paid in its own coin: it knows of no other legal tender. ~ Anthony Trollope  




All my teas these days seem to be Stash. Organic Earl Grey Black and Green Tea, Organic Chai Black and Green Tea, English Breakfast Tea, Organic Premium Green Tea.


© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: