Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Elephant Twins

Elephant Twins. Richard Sobol. 2014. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Have you ever seen a baby elephant? In the village of Ban Ta Klang, Thailand, you can see two! There, elephants live in people's backyards and homes, and walk around the town freely. The people care for their elephants as if they are part of the family.

Premise/plot: Sobol tells the story of Gold Light (Thong-Tang) and Gold Ray (Thong-Kum), elephant twins born to Double Gold (Thong-Kun). He describes what life is like for elephants and villagers alike.

My thoughts: I love elephants. I do. I always wanted a pet elephant. This is the second elephant book by Sobol that I've read. And his two books have only made me love elephants all the more. Definitely recommended if you're looking for nonfiction books to read with children.

Text: 4 out of 5
Photographs: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: