Sunday, January 24, 2016

Carry and Learn: Opposites

Board book: Carry and Learn: Opposites. Sarah Ward. 2016. Scholastic. 10 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence:
Chicken
UP and DOWN
Cluck like a chicken!

Premise/plot: Carry and Learn Opposites is a concept board book that can be used with little ones to illustrate ("teach") the concept of opposites. The opposites explored in this book are as follows:
  • up and down
  • in and out
  • big and little
  • over and under
  • full and empty
Each page has something "interactive" for your little one to do. It may be "making" the chickens jump up and down. It might be "petting" a sheep. It might be making an animal sound. Not all pages are equally interactive and engaging.

My thoughts: I like it well enough. I like the series well enough. I think the pages are easy enough for little ones to turn themselves. 

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Looks like a great book, always liked sheep. I'm not a big reader myself, but I did buy my husband a book from Amazon recently, to see if I could get him to act like a real man. http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Make-Woman-Happy-Guide-ebook/dp/B00ULJLDSS/ is the book I have bought him. Perhaps I can get the whole family into books soon.