Saturday, September 12, 2015

Seuss on Saturday #37

Wacky Wednesday. Dr. Seuss (Theo LeSieg). Illustrated by George Booth. 1974. Random House. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It all began with that shoe on the wall.

Premise/plot: A young boy wakes up to an increasingly wacky world. The text reveals how many "wacky" things are on the page. Readers can try to spot them all if they like.

My thoughts: Very weird. Can't say that I really "liked" it. But I can see it appealing to a certain kind of reader. The focus is on finding the details in the illustrations. If you rush through the text without taking the time to examine each page closely and counting them up for yourself, it's a very dull read.

Have you read Wacky Wednesday? Did you like it? love it? hate it? I'd love to know what you thought of it!

If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading Dr. Seuss (chronologically) I'd love to have you join me! The next book I'll be reviewing is Oh the Thinks You Can Think.

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: