Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What's On Your Nightstand (September)

What's On Your Nightstand is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books.

So here's what I'm reading.

Bleak House by Charles Dickens. I've got about 350 pages left! I am hoping to finish this one soon!

Basil by Wilkie Collins. I started this one yesterday. (I still need to review The Evil Genius by Wilkie Collins.)

The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. I am really enjoying this one!

The Candymakers by Wendy Mass. I'm super excited to read this one. It's about four kids in a candy-making contest. One of the kids, Logan, lives in a candy factory.

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff. This one is off to a very good start. Creepy but good.



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

8 comments:

Susan said...

I've never read Bleak House - I should! Would the Candymakers be appropriate for tweens/teens? I've got a couple who might enjoy it ...

Aubrey said...

Right now on my nightstand is THE SCORCH TRIALS by James Dashner. Really enjoying it so far!

Nancy @ Life with My Boys said...

Interesting list, I haven't read any of them but they all sound great.

Nancy@5minutesforbooks.com

morninglight mama said...

Several of these would be great to link up to our Classics Bookclub quarterly post, too!

Happy reading-
-Dawn, 5M4B

Unknown said...

Oooh--didn't know that there was a new Wendy Mass out. LOVE her stuff!

Jennifer
www.5minutesforbooks.com

Cassandra said...

Wow. I haven't heard of any of these books! Happy reading!

alisonwonderland said...

I'll eager to hear what you think of The Candymakers. It sounds fun.

Happy reading!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Replacements is creepy.