Friday, October 09, 2009

It's The End of the World Challenge Completed


What I read:

1. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
2. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
3. Gone by Michael Grant
4. Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden
5. The Dead of Night by John Marsden
6. Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner
7. Feed by M.T. Anderson
8. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein
9. The Silenced by James DeVita
10. Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse by Victor Gischler
11. Killing Frost by John Marsden
12. The Good Humor Man by Andrew Fox

Did you participate? Do you have a wrap-up post to share? Did you have a favorite book from the challenge? Did any books surprise you? Feel free to share your thoughts about the challenge in the comments :)

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Ceri said...

Congratulations on completing the challenge :)

Anastasia @ Here There Be Books said...

Here's my challenge wrap-up post: http://birdbrainbb.net/2009/10/09/challenge-completed-its-the-end-of-the-world-ii/

I read GONE for my list, too! TOMORROW WHEN THE WAR BEGAN has been getting some good buzz lately, so I'll probably end up reading that eventually.

Melissa said...

AAAAHHHH!!!! I WILL read The Stand before the end of the month. I will. Really.

Melissa said...

AAAAHHHH!!!! I WILL read The Stand before the end of the month. I will. Really.

Mark David said...

Sadly I only got to read two books :( But it was great though. I was thoroughly impressed with Cormac McCarthy's The Road and I consider it to be one of my very best reads for this year. The other book I read, The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist also has very interesting story and also well written. I find it amazing how these works of dystopian fiction evoke tenderness in their depictions of a world out of order. Mesmerizing, to say the least.