Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vampire A Go-Go


Gischler, Victor. 2009. Vampire A Go-Go. Simon & Schuster. 337 pages.

I'm not the hero of this story.
There are a number of important things you need to know up front. Pay attention.
I'm not the hero of this story, but I am the guy telling it. It has to be me. I'm in a unique position. I know all the players, know how they mix and match and come together to make everything happen.


Allen Cabbot is a graduate student at Gothic State University. Academically, he's not the best of students. But he's about to have an "opportunity" to change all that. A summer trip to Prague. To assist Dr. Evergreen in his research. Who is Allen Cabbot? He's a Bronte-loving English major. In fact he wants to write his dissertation "on gender coding in Wuthering Heights." How many people think this trip will go according to plan?

What is Vampire A Go-Go about? Well, it's not about go-go dancers who are vampires. It's about ancient secrets. It's about the philosopher's stone and the quest for immortality. It's about men and women (some more undead than others) who would do anything and everything to obtain what they want. It's a story that spans centuries. With a name like Vampire A Go-Go, you know to expect quirky. And quirky is part of what you get. Zombies. Vampires. Werewolves. Ghosts. Witches and Wizards. A little bit of everything really.

It's a mystery-thriller with some romance.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Suko said...

Wonderful, absurd title for a book! Sounds like the perfect book to kick-off the autumn with!

Becky said...

It is a great title, isn't it! Between the title and the cover, I think it will draw readers in :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I just saw this on another site recently and saved it. I really want to read this. it sounds awesome.

-Lauren

Suko said...

Becky, please stop by my blog when you have a free moment--I have an award for you!

Ilovebooks said...

This sounds like the perfect book to read when I finish the Historian!

Misty said...

Hmm. I need some quirky in my life. Maybe I can work this into my Helluva Halloween challenge...
Nice review!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like just the think to read with Halloween around the corner.