Wednesday, January 28, 2009

NCTE Orbis Pictus Awards Announced

The Orbis Pictus Award for Outstanding Nonfiction for Children has been announced. This year's winner is Shelley Tanaka's Amelia Earhart: The Legend of the Lost Aviator. If I'd come across it, I'd have read it I'm sure...as I went through a phase of reading anything and everything Earhart. And the subject still intrigues me. Oh well. Something to look for at the library I suppose.

Honor books include: Tonya Bolden's George Washington Carver, Candance Fleming's The Lincolns: A Scrapbook Look at Abraham and Mary, Russell Freedman's Washington at Valley Forge, Kadir Nelson's We Are The Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball, and Dorothy Hinshaw Patent's When the Wolves Returned: Restoring Nature's Balance in Yellowstone.

There is also a list of recommended books.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: