Monday, July 21, 2008

Southern Reading Challenge Completed

1. The Underneath by Kathi Appelt (East Texas/Louisiana; Texan author)
2. Jessie's Mountain by Kerry Madden (North Carolina?)
3. Christy by Catherine Marshall (set in Tennessee/North Carolina)
4. I Am Scout by Charles J. Shields (author is from Virginia; Lee is from Alabama)
5. Savannah by Eugenia Price.

My favorite? It would be hard to choose between Jessie's Mountain and The Underneath. But since Jessie's Mountain is the third in a series, The Underneath is probably the one I'd recommend the most for those looking for something good to read.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations on finishing this challenge! I hadn't read any of the books you read, so I particularly enjoyed reading your reviews.

Nise' said...

Great job! I loved Savannah By Eugenia Price.