Monday, March 24, 2008

My Easter Weekend

On Friday, I saw Enchanted for the first time. I've now (as of Monday at 3) seen it four times!!! Yes, some people might think I go to the extreme. But honestly, if it makes me happy--and this movie does--then why not??? Am I finished with my again-again euphoria? Probably not. Enchanted had me at hello. If you haven't seen it, you really should!



Any movie where you can borrow the line, "They danced and danced and fell in love" (from the Beauty and the Beast commercial way back in the day) is oh-so-magical



On Saturday, I went to see The Sound of Music at my local community theater. I didn't know what to expect. The only other play/musical I've ever seen is Beauty and the Beast (last spring and it was wonderful. I cried. It was glorious. My favorite non-play part? Some of the little girls in the audience were dressed up as princesses and some had brought their dolls to see the play too!). (I've also seen Twelfth Night but it's not really the same thing at all.) Anyway, it was different than the movie obviously. It had to be. The choices were different in what was in and out. No 'I Have Confidence' and 'My Favorite Things' was a duet sung between Maria and the Mother Abbess. (Whereas the bedroom scene with her and the kids was Lonely Goat Herd. There was no puppet show.) But overall, I enjoyed it. It was very fun in its own way. And I especially loved Gretl. So little, so cute. And the singing was good--really really good for the most part. Not every singer was outstanding, but a few were truly extraordinary. The scenes with the nuns singing were outstanding for example! So beautiful. So very beautiful. Anyway, I had a great time with my family. And Julie was a dear for thinking to give me tickets as a Christmas present. :)

You might think with all the Enchanted watching and the going-to-the-play and church festivities that I wouldn't have found time to read or stargate. But I did. We got in three episodes of Stargate. We're on Season 8, disc four. We are almost almost to one of my favorite episodes, "Citizen Joe." The one where a small town barber is accidentally linked to Jack through an alien stone. And I've been reading at night for hours at a time.

3 comments:

Alix said...

I LOVED enchanted too, it was so well done and just magical. Even the hubby who hates singing in movies and hates disney liked it a lot.
Your Easter weekend sounds a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I took my almost six year old daughter to see Enchanted back in November and really enjoyed it! We now just got the DVD and I am sure that we will sit down and watch it again soon!

Booklogged said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter weekend. That's good.

I was wondering if Card recommended any of Pratchett's book and was looking over your list. You didn't have him listed, so I did a search on Card's site. He did review and like The Eyre Affair. That's the only one I found. Thought you might want to add it to the list just in case anyone wants to read it.

I surely do appreciate all the time and effort you have put into making that list. It has helped me so much.