Monday, November 19, 2007

School Library Journal's Best of 2007

School Library Journals' Best of 2007 list can be found here. The article includes full bibliographic information and brief summaries.

Alexie, Sherman. The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian. (I've reviewed this)
Applegate, Katherine. Home of the Brave.
Artist to Artist: 23 Major Illustrators Talk to Children About Their Art.
Banks, Kate. Fox.
Banks, Kate. Lenny's Space.
Barakat, Ibtisam, Tasting the Sky (I've reviewed this)
Bishop, Nic. Nic Bishop Spiders.
Bunting, Eve. Hurry! Hurry! (I've reviewed this)
Carey, Janet Lee. Dragon's Keep. (I've reviewed this)
Carroll, Lewis. Jabberwocky
Clements, Andrew. No Talking
Coffelt, Nancy. Fred Stays With Me. (I've reviewed this)
Cowell, Cressida. That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown
Crisler, Curtis. Tough Boy Sonatas.
Curtis, Christopher Paul. Elijah of Buxton (I've reviewed this)
Freedman, Russell. Who Was First? Discovering the Americas. (I'm about to review this)
Gantos, Jack. I Am Not Joey Pigza.
Gardner, Lyn. Into the Woods. (I've reviewed this)
Gore, Al. An Inconvenient Truth: The Crisis of Global Warming.
Grandits, John. Blue Lipstick: Concrete Poems.
Gravett, Emily. Orange Pear Apple Bear (I'm about to review this)
Hale, Shannon. Book of A Thousand Days (I've reviewed this)
Henkes, Kevin. A Good Day.
Hornby, Nick. Slam.
Jenkins, Steve. Dogs and Cats.
Jinks, Catherine. Evil Genius.
Jocelyn, Marthe. How It Happened in Peach Hill.
Johnston, Tony. Bone by Bone by Bone.
Jonell, Lynne. Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat.
Kephart, Beth. Undercover.
Kostick, Conor. Epic. (I've reviewed this)
Kulka, Joe. Wolf's Coming.
Lewin, Ted. At Gleason's Gym.
McMullan, Margaret. When I Crossed No-Bob.
Madison, Alan. Velma Gratch and the Way Cool Butterfly.
Murphy, Jim. The Real Benedict Arnold. (Note to self: Request this one!!!)
Myers, Walter Dean. What They Found: Love On 145th Street.
O'Connor, Barbara. How To Steal A Dog.
O'Malley, Kevin and Patrick O'Brien. Captain Raptor and the Space Pirates.
Peet, Mal. Tamar.
Pennypacker, Sara. The Talented Clementine. (I've reviewed this)
Perkins, Lynne Rae. Pictures From Our Vacation.
Pinkney, Jerry. Little Red Riding Hood.
Resau, Laura. Red Glass.
Rex, Adam. The True Meaning of Smekday. (I've reviewed this.)
Rumford, James. Beowulf: A Hero's Tale Retold.
Schlitz, Laura. Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Voices From A Medieval Village.
St. James, James. Freak Show.
Sharenow, Robert. My Mother The Cheerleader (I've reviewed this)
Sidman, Joyce. This Is Just To Say: Poems Of Apology and Forgiveness.
Sis, Peter. The Wall.
Spinelli, Eileen. Heat Wave.
Stein, David Ezra. Leaves.
Stewart, Trenton Lee. The Mysterious Benedict Society.
Tan, Shaun. The Arrival.
Tarshis, Lauren. Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of A Tree.
Thompson, Kate. The New Policeman.
Walker, Alice. Why War Is Never A Good Idea.
Wein, Elizabeth. The Lion Hunter.
Wells, Rosemary. Red Moon At Sharpsburg.
Willems, Mo. Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity.
Williams, Marcia. Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.

1 comment:

Paige Y. said...

I must say that I was surprised that several of my favorites were left off the list. I know they reviewed The Wednesday Wars and it's not on the list. I love seeing all of these "best of" list so that I can compare them with each other and with my own.