Monday, November 19, 2007

Amazon weighs in on Best of 2007

Top 10 Editors' Picks: Picture Books:

Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners by Laurie Keller
The Secret Life of Walter Kitty by Barbara Jean Hicks
Mary and the Mouse, The Mouse and Mary by Beverly Donofrio
Bow-Wow Bugs A Bug by Mark Newgarden
Freckleface Strawberry by Julianne Moore
The Incredible Book-Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers
Every Friday by Dan Yaccarino
Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy by Jane O'Connor
Pssst! by Adam Rex

Top 10 Editors' Picks: Middle Readers

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
The Wall by Peter Sis
The Seems: The Glitch in Sleep by John Hulme
If A Tree Falls At Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko
The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World by E.L. Konigsburg
The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
Diary of A Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Top 10 Editors' Picks Teens

Arrival by Shaun Tan
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
Undercover by Beth Kephart
Someday this Pain Will Be Useful To You by Peter Cameron
A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
The Wednesdays Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I SWEAR I'm the only person on the planet who didn't like Evil Genius. Must be something wrong with me. At least I've heard of more of these books...

Becky said...

Melissa:

Believe me, you are NOT alone in not liking Evil Genius. I wasn't going to come right out in a blog post and say I hated it. Especially since it's been nominated in my category of Cybils. But I so am not getting why this one is making all the "best lists."

Melissa said...

Thanks, Becky. Sometimes I wonder about my opinions. Not that they have to be like everyone else's but I wonder if I *missed* something important. Silly, I know. It's nice to know *someone* else out there is going "HUH?!" too.