Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Nine days late


I have decided to join the Armchair Traveler Reading Challenge.


  • The challenge runs from July 1 through December 31 during which time you must read six books that fall under the ‘armchair traveling’ theme.
  • Fiction or non-fiction works are fine, and do not need to be specifically travel related, as long as the location is integral to the book - I’ll leave that to your discretion. Locations must be actual places that you could visit, so no Middle Earths or galaxies far, far away.
  • Books may be cross-posted to other challenges, but you cannot count any books read prior to July 1st.
  • To join, make a post outlining your six choices and link to that post below. Because I like to have a little wiggle room, you can opt to switch out books throughout the challenge.
  • And yes, there will be prizes!



Here are rules I've added for myself:

I am only allowed to list books that I already have in my tbr pile.

Scotland
Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs
Fair is the Rose by Liz Curtis Higgs
Whence Came A Prince by Liz Curtis Higgs
Grace In Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs

Denmark
Hitler’s Canary by Sandi Toksvig

Middle East (Palestine/Israel/Iraq)
Tasting the Sky by Ibtisam Barakat
Dawn and Dusk by Alice Mead

India/Bangladesh/Pakistan
Rickshaw Girl by Mitali Perkins
Broken Moon by Kim Antieau

No comments: