Friday, March 23, 2007

Interview Meme

These questions come from Miss Erin

Here's your questions, Becky:

If you were a villain in a book, who would you be?

I can think of some picture book villains offhand...such as the wolf in the True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka...that I’ve always loved. But if that doesn’t count...I guess I’d go for the Queen of Hearts in Alice and Wonderland. She’s a fun villain at least. So take your pick from those two...

If you could co-star in a movie with a famous (or not-so-famous) actor or actress, who would you pick?

Another hard question but not for the reason you might suspect. Being in a movie--even as an extra for like ten seconds would freak me out. And the thought of co-starring in one--even a hypothetical and imaginary one--doesn’t sound like much fun for me. I’m much better at admiring from afar. I’d be too star-struck to even speak. If you’re asking me ‘who I’d like to admire from afar’ than my choices are probably somewhat typical...Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp--because I love my pirates--and not so typical...my longest-running crush on Steve Burton (aka Jason Morgan) on General Hospital (ten years if you’re curious).

Best book you've read this year? I haven’t read any 2007 books yet. I really, really, really want to read Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson. I’ve heard such great things about it. But I haven’t got my hands on a copy of it yet. So my choice would have to be a 2006 book I just recently discovered...which leaves me with Julia’s Kitchen by Brenda Ferber for younger readers OR The Year of the Dog by Grace Lin also for younger readers. And for older readers...hard choices again...Notes From A Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick is a new favorite. And I loved Black Duck by Janet Taylor Lisle. What both of those have in common--in case you’re curious--is intergenerational friendship.

If your life were a book, what genre would it be? I’ll answer your original question...and then I’ll add to it. I guess comedy. If my life was a movie, I’d definitely be a musical. Not that I can or should sing...but I do find myself singing and breaking out into songs I make up myself and whatnot. So a wild and crazy (offkey) type of musical.

What's the funniest book you've read? I have several answers for this. I haven’t read this book in a really long time...going back ten years...Anguished English: An Anthology of Accidental Assaults Upon Our Language by Richard Lederer and its sequel More Anguished English: an Expose of Embarrassing Excruciating, and Egregious Errors in English. Both books had me laughing...and at times when I shouldn't. I was a library aide in high school. And I was on desk duty. Librarians on duty really shouldn't be giggling away...

Have fun!

If anyone should want to play along and have me come up with five questions to ask them...leave a comment and I'll be happy to do so.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, if my life were a movie, it would totally be a musical, too. :)

And starring in a movie with Johnny Depp would be beyond cool!

Thanks for your answers!